The County is creating a name for itself in the wine industry, but it is so much more than that to us. It's our home and we have learned the ins and outs of PEC. We love living here and encourage people to explore how alive the region is in the summer. We can't say that it isn't rural, being about 2-3 hours away from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, but that's part of the charm. People from all over come here for day trips just to get away from the hustle and bustle of cities. They fall in love with the family-owned wineries, the local restaurants, the artisanal cheese shops and art galleries. Some have made summer homes here or come to camp near the beautiful Sandbanks Provincial Park or other local beaches.
If you need a day, weekend or week away from everyday life, come explore our rustic island. We have a lot more going for us than just a beautiful landscape. We have an emerging arts and entertainment scene, as well as an evolving food and wine culture. There's lots to see and do so we've created a small list of must-sees/activities/events:
- Take a bus tour to visit PEC wineries (make sure to visit our historic barn)
- Don't feel like busing, plan a bike tour with some friends and winery hop
- Not feeling wine? Visit Barley Days Brewery or The County Cider Company
- Head to the artisanal cheese shops such as Fifth Town or attend the Great Canadian Cheese Festival in June
- Plan a beach trip to Sandbanks Provincial Park
- Have a picnic lunch with us at The Grange, lots of local goodies to try
- Visit antique shops, such as Dead People Stuff, and make something old new again
- Yes, we do have a movie theatre, watch a movie at The Regent Theatre or go old school and hit up the Mustang Drive-In
- Have dinner at our fabulous local restaurants: The Hubb, East and Main, Drake Devonshire or Blumen
- Get active and participate in Terroir Run in May
- Attend County Terroir Wine Tasting and Farmers Market in May
- Take the family apple or berry picking
- Help with harvest parties, PEC wineries are always looking for extra hands
- Visit art galleries and studios by following The County Arts Trail
- & much more
The County's focus is on working together to support and help our local community thrive. There is nothing fabricated about it, visitors come and see the real deal. We hope you can appreciate it as much as we do.
Need more ideas for planning a trip to PEC? For a list of 101 things to do in Prince Edward County, check out this interesting article.